Tuttle School Rules!
The Tuttle School at Briarwood is for students, ages 5-21, with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. It is designed to teach functional age-appropriate skills within a school or community setting. Our school strives to teach students to lead successful and personally fulfilling lives at their individual ability level. Because of the unique needs of the Tuttle School population, extra emphasis is placed on the teaching and application of functional and pragmatic skills. To ensure maximum learning, each class is staffed with a teacher and an assistant with 8-10 students per class.
Our school strives to teach students to lead successful and personally fulfilling lives at their individual ability level.
The Briarwood Approach
- “Try Another Way” when an educational approach is not working.
- Multi-sensory teaching with daily repetition and review.
- Teach to the child’s strengths and learning style.
- Positive reinforcement with a CAN-DO attitude.
- Mutual support with a team approach.
- A highly structured, yet nurturing and affirming setting.
- Commitment to an evidence-based practice.