2021-2022 COVID POLICY
Latest News & Updates
Updated on Monday, August 9, 2021
Check back frequently for new information
Changes to the local public health status may necessitate changes to our
2021-2022 Health and Safety Plan throughout the year.
The COVID Task Force is monitoring the guidance for schools provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the Texas Education Agency, local and state officials and health departments. The Briarwood School will comply with required practices and standards of care; however, we may also implement more than the minimal requirements in order to meet the health safety standards that we believe will best serve our school community. Briarwood and Tuttle School will follow health safety protocols to keep virus transmission as low as possible in order to safely continue school. The cooperation of faculty and staff, students and parents will be essential to this endeavor; thank you for supporting our efforts. If you have questions about the COVID policy and procedures, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Briarwood and Tuttle School will continue a layered prevention approach to protect our students, families, faculty and staff and to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 within our school community. As long as virus transmission within our local community remains low, we will operate school on campus with fewer restrictions than last year. The COVID Task Force will be monitoring COVID-19 updates through the Texas Medical Center website. This will help us gain a thorough understanding of COVID-19 infection rates in our community, and we will make decisions based on the data provided on this site.
COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged for all individuals who are eligible for the vaccine; however, the school will not be requiring vaccinations for either students or staff.
- What changes are planned for 2021-2022?
- What layers of prevention will continue for 2021-2022?
- Mask Policy
- What if my child has illness symptoms or a known exposure to COVID?
- Will a doctor's note be required for my child to return to campus after an absence?
- How will contact tracing, quarantine, and notifications be handled this year?
- What if I want my child to learn from home this semester? Will Distance Learning be an option?
- Will the COVID vaccine be mandatory for students or staff members?
- Will there still be social distancing on campus?
- Will the use of frequent hand washing and hand sanitizer still be encouraged?
- Will parents and other visitors be allowed on campus this year?
- How often will touch surfaces be cleaned?
- What about the ventilation in the building?
- Will there be changes to lunch routines?
- Will students be able to drink from the water fountains?
- Will athletes compete in sports with other schools, and will spectators be allowed at games?
- Will Middle School and Upper School students be allowed to use lockers this year?
- Will there be on campus, in person special events for groups?
- Will these COVID protocols change during the year?
COVID-19 COMMUNICATIONS ⇒
Still Have A Question? Contact Us!
Heads of School and Admissions
David Mendlewski, Head of School
Jill Wiseman, Associate Head of School
Lisa Landi, Director of Lower School (K-6th Grade)
Dan Buck, Asst. Director of Lower School
Jeff Guedry, Director of Upper School (9th-12th Grade)
Ryan Clark, Director of Middle School (7th & 8th Grade)
Debbie Etheridge, Admissions Director
Grade Level, School Day, Carpool, Attendance, Required School Forms, etc.
Jenni Ferreira, Lower School Registrar (K-6th Grade)
Judie Shelhamer, Middle Upper School Registrar (7th-12th Grade)
Ruby Karimi, Front Office Receptionist
Vicky Moscoso, Middle Upper Attendance (7th-12th Grade)
Tuition Payment & Billing
Richelle Hlawek, Business Manager
Smart Tuition (888.868.8828)
Athletics and Wellness
Rayna Williams, Director of Athletics
Alyssa Barnhill, Registered School Nurse
Development, Special Events and Volunteers
Bridget Anderson, Director of Advancement
Kim Black, Director of Special Events and Asst. Development Director
Communications and Parent Portal
Katherine Schrock, Director of Communications
Brynn Matherne, Admissions Database Manager